“…daily in the Temple, and in every House, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Chris”. – Acts. 5:42
As we all know, every commandment of scriptures is for our profiting – Deu. 28:1-3/ Isa. 1:19/ Luke 5:1-8
By the way of introduction, Winners’ Satellite Fellowship (WSF) is our brand of house-to-house fellowship in this Church.
First, we must recognize that the house-to-house fellowship is a God-ordained platform for maintaining a healthy, strong and ever-growing congregation. This platform was introduced to the church in the wilderness through the counsel of Jethro to Moses saying, …if thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure,… Exo. 18:21-24/ Acts 7:8
Secondly, as soon as the church was born in the upper room, the Holy Ghost reenacted the house-to-house fellowship structure that the church in the wilderness engaged with – Acts. 2:47-47/ Acts. 5:42.
In addition, just like the human body grows from the cells, the most effective approach to healthy church growth is the cell system – Eph. 4:16. Therefore, the house-to-house fellowship is not a doctrine of any church, neither is it an apostle’s idea, but God’s ordained platform for continuous and sustainable church growth.
Among others, the WSF platform provides the following benefits to members of the church:
- This platform provides an opportunity for robbing our spiritual minds together towards deeper understanding and brighter light in the Word of God. This is because it gives the opportunity for members to ask questions and also contribute to answering questions enhancing better understanding of members – Prov. 27:17/ 1 Cor. 8:2/ Rom. 11:33
- It provides the opportunity for praying on issues of concern for challenged members because members are closer to one another on this platform, and they are able to identify with the challenges any of the members may be facing for the purpose of prayer and intercession – Matt. 18:19/ Gal. 6:2/ Eph. 6:8/18
- It provides a counseling platform for members, as members help counsel those who are challenged among them – Prov. 15:22/ Pro. 20:18
- It provides an open platform for sowing into the lives of challenged members in areas such as food, health care, shelter and schooling for children – Prov. 19:17/Prov. 28:27/ 1 John 3:15-18.
- It is a platform for taking up leadership responsibility such as WSF Minister, Assistant, etc; which helps accelerate the leadership capacity development of members – 1 Tim. 4:8/ Heb. :14/ Gal. 4:1-4.
- It provides a platform for social identification and interaction among members on occasions such as birthdays, naming of newborn babies, marriages etc – Heb. 13:1/ 1 John 13:34-35
We understand that no lion is secure standing alone in the wild because no single lion can bring down a Buffalo. Every lion or lioness enjoys adequate covering as long as he/she abides within the company of lions, which is called ‘the pride’.
In the same vein, no believer is safe being alone no matter how anointed, the depth of revelation and strength of faith he/she has – Ecc. 4:9-15/ Heb. 10:25.
Fellowship is the secret behind the sustainable triumph of believers over the battles of life, and this is the vision and mission of WSF platform is not alone in his/her territory; there are other winners around to resist and prevail against any ‘buffalo’ of evil that may launch an attack on any member.
With people of like faith in our neighbourhood, it becomes easier to connect with others in dealing with every satanic uprising. These are obvious reasons every winner must be an active member of a WSF.
The following examples further validate these facts:
- We all know that Samson was all alone and ended up a disaster – Jdg. 16:1-3/19-21
- David was left alone when all his ‘companions’ had gone to war, and he fell into the trap of adultery and murder, which constituted the greatest regret of his life – 2 Sam. 11:1-27
- Elijah, that great prophet, left his servant behind, and as he was left alone, he contemplated suicide – 1 Kgs. 19:3-14
- When Peter, an outstanding apostle of Christ, was left alone, he denied Christ three times – Matt. 26:58/69-75
This must be the reason the Bible says, ‘Woe unto him that is alone’ Eccl. 4:9-12. Therefore, being in the midst of our ‘company’ is the guarantee for our preservation, security and dignity in journey of life.
Furthermore, the fellowship of the saints is a spiritual city of refuge, also known as Zion, where there is deliverance, holiness and God’s people possess their possession – Obd. 17/ Heb. 12:22-24.
Finally, before Jesus returns, the regular fellowship of the Saints shall occupy a prime place in the body of Christ because that is God’s ordained platform for the rise of the end-time army; mighty men and women of valour, which is referred to as saviours, whose impact shall be in different areas of human endeavours – Psa. 110:1-3/ Obd. 21/ Psa. 78:1-7
May everyone receive grace to take a strong position on our WSF platform for a most triumphant, colorful and enviable adventure on earth. Remember, to obey is better than sacrifice and to harken than the fat of ram – 1 Sam. 1:2
Therefore, be blessed as you engage faithfully, both to be blessed and to be a blessing on the WSF platform of this Church.
Remain Ever Blessed,
Jesus is Lord!
David O. Oyedepo
Faith Tabernacle Canaanland Ota – Lagos