- God’s side is the ever-winning side of life any day, anytime and anywhere, as we found in Elijah – 1 Kgs. 18:23-39/1 Kgs 19:10/14-19
- Joshua and Caleb took side with God and 2 of them, out of the 12 spies got to the promised land – Num. 14:6-10/30-32/37-38.
- Gideon got on God’s side, and ruled Israel for 40 years – Jdg. 6:14-16/7:1-21.
- David took side with God, went after Goliath for defying the army of God, brought him down and emerged a national hero as a teenager – 1 Sam. 17:32-50.
- We must all endeavour to remain on God’s side, so as to make the most of our adventure, both in the now and the hereafter – Josh. 24:24:15.
- Passion for God and the interest of His Kingdom:
- Abraham – Genesis chapter 12/17/18/22/24
- Paul the apostle – Rom. 8:35-38/Phil. 1:21/1 Cor. 9:16/1 Tim. 2:4
- Others include Nehemiah, Daniel, Job, David and Peter.
- Passion for the wellbeing of others as in Moses, Nehemiah and Paul – Exo. 2:11-15/Neh. 1:1-11/2Cor. 12:14-16.
- Passion for fellowship as in David and the early Church – Psa. 84/122/133/ Acts. 2:4-47/5:42
- Passion for walking in the fear of God as in Joseph and Paul the apostle – Gen. 39:1-9/42:18/2 Cor. 7:9/4:1-2/ 2 Thess. 2:10.
- Passion for the Word as in David – Psa. 119:97-100/162/46/ Rom. 1:16.
- Passion for Prayer – Matt. 6:6/9-10/11-13/Luke 18:1-8
- Passion for Kingdom promotion endeavours through financial stewardship as in David – Psa. 132:1-5/ 1 Chron. 29:1-5
- Whenever we stop building for God, we start building for the devil unknowingly. Solomon built one temple for God and built 1,000 shrines for his strange wives – 1 Kgs, 9:10/11:1/4-8
From all the above, everyone on God’s side in scriptures found their way to the high place of life. However, getting on God’s side is not gift, neither is it a calling, but a choice and this choice is open to everyone. Jesus said, …whatsoever comes to me, I will in no wise cast out. Draw near to me and I will draw near to you… (Jhn. 6:37/ James 4:8).
May we all receive grace as individuals to make this choice and stand with it all the days of our lives, and so shall it be in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
Remain Ever Blessed.
Jesus is Lord!
David O. Oyedepo
Faith Tabernacle Canaanland, Ota-Lagos Nigeria