2 Peter 1:2-3 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
All that you have is what Jesus gave to you. – 1 Cor. 4:1; Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Christ did not come to take anything from us but to give us all things that pertain to life and godliness. –
Ps. 50:9-12; I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.
10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
Salvation is not just an emblem, it is a deliverance from a great death. Until a man is born again, he is a walking corpse.
– Eph. 2:2; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Life does not start at birth, life starts at new birth. Until a man is born again, he cannot live again. Jesus came to give us eternal life and deliver us from eternal destruction. Having Christ equals life; this is the essence of life.
Man’s natural life starts with sorrow but divine life starts with joy. If salvation is authentic, joy must be evident. Depression is always far from those who are filled with the joy of Christ. In God’s creation of man, there was no provision for sickness and disease; man was not created to be subjected to affliction. Jesus came to reverse whatever the fall of man caused.
Why did Jesus Come?
- To give us eternal life – Rom. 6:23; For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
2 Cor. 1:10; Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
– Having Christ equals life; this is the essence of life.
2. To give us great joy and peace – Luke 2:10; And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
1 Pet. 1:8; Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
– The component of joy is only available in Christ because He is the only source of true joy.
3. To heal us from all manner of sicknesses and diseases. – Matt. 8:17; That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.
– Only Jesus heals all sickness and diseases.
4. To position us above principalities and powers. – Eph. 6:12; For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ps. 2:1-4; Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
– By redemption, you have been placed in charge of principalities and powers.
5. To offer every believer a seven-fold redemptive package. – Rev. 5:12; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
How to Access the Blessings of the coming of Christ
1. Be born again and remain so.
2. Be spiritually minded. – Rom. 8:6; For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
3. Be steadfast in your walk with God. – Luke 9:62; And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
4. Engage the obedience of faith. – Deut. 28:; And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
Whatever is contrary to the blessings of God in your life is destroyed today!
Today shall be a day of liberty!
The joy Jesus came to deliver becomes your portion
No more depression in your life!
Whatever represents discomfort and pain is gone forever!
Any sickness that followed you to this service is demolished today!
Emptiness comes to an end in your life today!
All the blessings that goes with salvation shall be your portion!
The covering of the blood of Jesus is over you!
Whatever is contrary to the decoration of redemption shall be taken away off your life today!