First, we must recognize that the outcome of any endeavor is a function of the preparation that went ahead of it –2 Chr. 27:6. “ So Jotham became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the Lord his God.”
Outstanding performance is purely a function of quality preparation -Luke 1:80 “ And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.”. Therefore, to make the most of this Prayer and Fasting season, individuals must take note of the following:
- Spiritual preparation as it relates to specific demands, we are out to make on the prayer altar, must be well defined, with scriptures to back them up for all our personal prayer sessions – Amos, 4:12/1 Jhn.5:14-15
Amos 4: 12 “Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.”
1 Jhn.5:14-15 “ And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.”
- Everyone of us should make a priority of his or her Spiritual concerns, such as the issue of prayerlessness, lack of engagement and understanding of scriptures and living a life that displeases God. This is because, when it becomes well with us spiritually, it becomes well with us in all other areas. 1 Tim. 4:8/ Rom 8:6/28/Jhn. 4:21
1 Tim 4:8 “For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.”
John 4: 21 “Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.”
- We must have at least, one or two items of Kingdom advancement issues such as Church growth, Fruitful outreaches, etc. -Mat.6:9-10/33 (After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”)
- Every of our prayer session must be accompanied with thanksgiving to secure God’s attention on the prayer altar, and to ensure that there is no form of murmuring and complaining, because, whatever the case maybe or look like, if God were not there with us, it should have been worse – Phi. 4:6/Psa. 103:1-3/Psa. 124: 1-5.
Phil 4:6 “ Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
Psa 103:1-3 (Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.)
- We must also take time to pray for those who minister the Word of God to us:
- First, for more free flow of Revelation –2 Thes 3:1 “Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:”
- Greater boldness in declaring the Word -Eph 6:19 “ And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,”
- Continuous grace to stay the course -Act. 26:22/2 Tim. 4:6-8.
Act 26:22 “ Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:”
2 Tim. 4: 6-8 (For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.)
- Every of our Prayer sessions must have one or two individuals or families, either from our natural family circle, neighbors, colleagues at work, customers, or clients – whose needs we are aware of, to take up such issues in prayer for divine intervention on their behalf – Psa. 41:1-3/Prov. 28:27
Psa 41: 1- 3 (Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemiesThe Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness. I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee. Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish)
Finally, remember, whatever good thing any man does, the same shall he receive of the Lord. – Eph. 6:8 “Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.”
Be blessed, as you engage accordingly in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Jesus is Lord
David O Oyedepo
FAITH TABERNACLE, CANAANLAND OTA-LAGOS.