Ministering: Bishop David Abioye (First Vice President, Winners’ Chapel International)
Topic: What are we thanking God for?
– We are here to express our gratitude to God, and as we do, we shall be changing altitude because it is attitude of gratitude that enhances altitude.
– Deep thinkers are great thanksgivers
What Are we Thanking God for?
1. For validation and revalidation of the Liberation Mandate with signs, wonders and diverse miracles. – 1 Thes. 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
2. For an ever increasing global impact through the preaching and teaching of the Word of faith.
– Heb. 11:33-34, Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
3. For supernatural supplies
– Deut. 15:6, For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.
4. For peace and serenity.
– Ps. 119:165, Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
John 14:27, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
5. For growing expansion
– Ps. 44:3, For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
Prov. 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
6. For open fulfillment of prophecies.
– 1 Kgs. 8:24, Who hast kept with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.
Jer. 1:11-12, Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.
12 Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.
7. For stability
– Acts 16:4-5, And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Isa. 33:6, And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.
Ps. 90:17, And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.