Biblical Examples of Individuals that Engaged the Mystery of Thanksgiving and Praise
- King David. Psa. 34:1; … I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psa. 119:164; Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
Amos 9:11; In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
Thanksgiving is man’s gateway to God’s presence. -Psa. 16:11; Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
It is in God’s presence that we gain access to light. A man that is continuously thankful lives as if the devil doesn’t exist.
There is a path that God has prepared for you where all hindrances and resistance have been cleared off. To find the path God has prepared for you, you need to gain access to His Presence through thanksgiving.
A praise addict is never void of divine presence. Anytime a man carries God’s presence, what troubles others trembles before him. The secret to permanent triumph is the permanent presence of God.
– David was first identified by praise. – 1 Sam. 16:13,18; Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.
2. King Solomon – 1 Kgs. 4:29; And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.
The starting point of Solomon’s testimony was worship. –
1 Kings 3:1-3; And Solomon made affinity with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and took Pharaoh’s daughter, and brought her into the city of David, until he had made an end of building his own house, and the house of the LORD, and the wall of Jerusalem round about.
2 Only the people sacrificed in high places, because there was no house built unto the name of the LORD, until those days.
3 And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
- Apostle Paul – Rom. 5:3; And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Phil. 1:18; What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
– In the midst of challenges, Paul was always celebrating God.
Why Thanksgiving and Praise?
- It grants us access to God’s presence. – Ex. 23:20; Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
Isa. 45:1-3; Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
– God’s presence is accessed via the mystery of thanksgiving and praise.
2. A lifestyle of thanksgiving and praise enables us to harbour God’s presence. – Ps. 22:3; But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
Ps. 114:1-7; When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language;
2 Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion.
3 The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back.
4 The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.
5 What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?
6 Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?
7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;
– Anytime a man carries God’s presence, what troubles others trembles before him.
For your Thanksgiving to be Effectual:
1. It must be heart-rooted – Eph. 5:19; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
2. It must result in praise.
3. It must be done with details – Ps. 103:1-2; (A Psalm of David.) Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
4. It must be done with understanding. – Ps. 47:7; For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.
5. It must be done consistently. – Ps. 34:1; (A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed.) I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
The enemy will not crumble you again
By the encounter of today, the path that the enemy will not be able to capture you shall be open for you!
God will show you the way!
You will not taste confusion all through the year 2022!
Concerning you, only the finger of God shall be seen in you!
Your path will drop fatness!
The plan of God for you will be deliver in the remaining days!
In your going and coming you are blessed!
You will see the new year!