Minister: Bishop David .O. Oyedepo
Good understanding is always with proofs. One’s level of understanding is what determines the level of result they command. A good understanding procures favour; Proverbs 21: 16, 4: 7 – 9.
The Spirit of Love
The Holy Spirit is a multi-faceted Spirit; 1 Corinthians 12: 4 – 7. The Spirit of love has the ministry of enlarging our capacity to love God, we are unable to do so on our own.
What is Love in our context?
Love in our context is loving God above all else including oneself. It is loving God without reservation, not for what He does but because of who He is ( Mathew 22:37 – 40). Every genuine lover of God is a high flier both in ancient and contemporary times; 1 Corinthians 2:9.
The strength of your love determines the level of revelation you draw. Love for the great commandment is what gives birth to great destinies in the kingdom.
Proofs of Genuine Love for God (1 John 3:15 -18)
1. Undying love for His Word; Psalms 119:97-100.
Every true lover of God loves His Word; they don’t despise it.
2. Every true lover of God loves His house; Psalms 84:1.
Fellowship is not a show to God’s lovers. Every true lover of God loves His house.
3. Unashamed in the pursuit of the interests of God and His Kingdom; Psalms 119:46, Romans 8:35-37.
You can’t be in love and not know. In the world they say, “love is blind” but in the kingdom we say, “love is dead.” Songs of Solomon 8:6 – 7.
4. Giving towards the advancement of the kingdom and the needy around you; 1 Chronicles 29:3
Every true lover of God is a liberal soul. First, you give to the kingdom and then, to the needy around you.
5. Love for your fellow brethren.
To prove that you love God, you must first love your fellow brethren.
What is in love that makes it the greatest of all?
Love never fails; 1 Corinthians 13:8.
Every genuine lover of God ends up being envied. They may start by being pitied but will always be envied in the end.
The devil is out of the equation when one is in line with God’s covenant!
Everything that works in the kingdom, works by love; Galatians 5:6. One’s faith will not deliver beyond their love level. Faith works according to the level of the word in you; it works by love.
Revelation flows by love; John 15:15. Our level of love for God is what gives us access to our level of revelation, love gives us unlimited access to revelation.
Giving works by love (1 Corinthians 13:3), only love-motivated giving is rewarded; Philippians 4:4. Prayer works by love too, as seen in the life of prophet Elijah; 1 kings 19:10, 18:19 – 24. When one is in love with God, keeping His commandment won’t be a burden; Deuteronomy 28:1.
The Need for the Spirit of Love
Prophetically speaking, Faith shall be under gruesome attack and the love of many shall wax cold; Luke 18:8. Hence we need the spirit of love to remain in love in season and out of season. The inoculation with the spirit of love will keep us burning for God.
A passionate love for God secures access to divine secrets which makes stars in the kingdom; Job 29. Insights enthrones, examples in the lives of Daniel and Joseph.
1. You need the oil of love in your lamp to keep your love for God burning; Matthew 25:7- 8.
2. A passionate love for God secures access to divine secrets; Psalms 87:5.
3. Faith will be under the worst attack in these last days, therefore you need the Spirit of love to keep your faith alive against all odds; Luke 18:8
When you become born again, you get into courtship with God, but when you stay in love with Him, you become married to Him (Isaiah 54:19, Mark 2:19).
Intimate love for God as in a marriage will make a believer empowered with the right to command exploits. It will make the believer a breakthrough entity; Deuteronomy 11:22 – 25.
New Dawn Banquet
We have the heritage of new dawn every day; Isaiah 43:18 – 19, Proverbs 4:18, 2 Corinthians 3:18.
To Experience a New Dawn in the journey of life, we must ensure the following things are in place;
1. Be born again and remain so; 2 Corinthians 5:17.
New birth entitles us to a new dawn lifestyle. Jealously guard your salvation.
2. Be baptized in the Holy Spirit who is the custodian of the light that stirs new dawn; John 16 13, 1 Corinthians 2:12, Acts 10:44.
He’s the master teacher and the revelator. We have to ensure we don’t grieve Him or quench Him. There are things given to us freely but we can only access it through the Holy Spirit; 1 Corinthians 2: 10 – 12.
3. Be dedicated to serving God and the interest of His kingdom; Psalms 89:20-24.
The empowerment of the Spirit is for service and not for show, when you commit to serving God, He annoints you.
4. Engage in an acceptable and fruitful stewardship; Hebrews 12:28, Luke 19:17-19.
When you are faithful with things, He gives you cities, and if your motive is pure, God’s backing is sure.
5. Be tireless in your stewardship; 1 Cor. 15:58.
6. Remain joyful in stewardship; Habakuk 3:17-19, 1 Samuel 1:8
Joy is the mystery behind a supernatural change of story. Remain joyful as you serve God, without joy you will loose your harvest; Philippians 4:4, 1 Thessalonians 5:16
1 Samuel 10: 3
By the anointing, you will experience;
- Divine dignity
- Everything working out for your favour.