Deut 11:12-14 Love gives us access to revelation. 1 Cor. 2:9-10, Deut. 29:29
Whatever is revealed to us belongs to us and our revelation determines our possession.
EXAMPLES OF MEN WITH PROVEN LOVE AND HAD GREAT DEPTHS OF REVELATION.
A. Abraham. Gen 12:1-5 , 22:1-2, 2 Chron 20:7, Isa. 41:8, He was referred to as GOD’S friend based on love his love for God. Gen 18:1,17. Intimacy is door way to secrecy. God opens up to you at all time.
B. Moses. Ex 32:32
C. David. Ps 42:1-2, 63:1-2, 132:1-5, Ps. 110:1-2, Heb. 10:13
D. Solomon. 1 kgs 3:3-4, 4:32
E. Apostles Paul. Phil 1:25, Gal 2:20, 1 Cor 2:9-10, 9:16, 2 cor 12:7, 2 Pet 3:15-16
What is the love Of God About?
1. It is a heart panting after the presence and person of God.
2. A life sold out and lost in God.
3. Wanting what God wants and loving what He loves
4. Running the errand of God and defending His interest on the earth.
5. Pleasing God with your life and bringing Him joy. Lk 3:22
How is the Love of God demonstrated?
1. Love for His company. Ps. 42:1-2
2. Love for communion and prayers. Gen 19:27
3. Love for His house. Ps 122:1 The house of your lover is never far.
4. Love for His word. Ps 119:97-98, 127
5. Love to obey Him. Deut 11:1, John 14:21. If you stay for days without the bible, your love is questionable.
6. Love for souls. 1 Cor 9:16
7. Love for the brethren. 1 John 4:20, 3:16
8. Love for service. Deut 10:12 , Acts 9:6. Love is what you do and not what you feel.
9. Love for giving. John 3:16, Ps 132:1-5
10. Love for righteousness. Ps 45:6-7
Gains for Loving God.
B. You Possess the things He has prepared for you. 1 Cor 2:9
C. Preservation and protection. Ps. 91:14
D. Divine Habitation. John 14:23
E. Divine Manifestation. John 14:21
YOU CAN’T HAVE A HEART FOR GOD WITHOUT ACCESS TO THE HEART OF GOD… Bishop David Oyedepo