Ministering: Pst. David Ndubueze (National Youth Pastor)
What is Excellence? Dan. 1:20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm
- It means supernatural intelligence, ability to solve problem including hard One Dan. 5:11. For example “Daniel was so loaded, he didn’t need to talk, people were talking for him”.
- It is the product of man’s tireless commitment to improvement. Pro. 4:18. There is nothing mystical about excellence, it is a product of man’s tireless commitment towards improvement
Our mind is the seat of thinking and reasoning.
Excellence is impossible without paying attention to our mind; our mind is the seat of thinking and reasoning. The true worth of a man is in his mind. Pro. 23:7. your worth is not in the coat you wear, it is a function of the state of your mind
You either think well or you will sink and stink well. Your limitation is not your height, weight or complexion of your skin….it is the state and use of your mind…you either think well or you begin to stink. You have bathroom, dressing room, football room…do you have a thinking room?
Thinking is tasking our ‘brain’, to improve our ‘gain’, without paining the Lord.
What is Thinking?
- Thinking is tasking our brains to improve our gains without bending the law. Processing scriptures in our mind to proffer solutions over the situations of our life.
Those problems and traps the devil has set, through scheme of thinking, I see you shaming them! Bring out your Bible and think. Rom. 8:6-7.
“What you are looking for in Sokoto (city) is in your Sokoto (trouser), bring out your Bible and think!” “Until you mind your mind, people won’t mind you.”
2 Cor. 10:5-6. Only few people actually think. Rom. 8:6-7. Until you mind your mind, people will not mind you. You must be conscious and intentional about your mind. Pro. 4:23; 2 Cor. 10:5-6. Cast out every evil imagination and thoughts with all sense of security consciousness. Phil. 4:18-19.
Guide your heart, give it direction, and tell it what to do. Philip 4:8-9. Beware of what you follow.
“There is no New Truth, Truth is Truth”. It is follow follow that make you a wonder wonder tomorrow. Follow follow with good company today result to wonder tomorrow. 1 Cor. 2:16. It’s time to sit down as youths and document the footpaths of our fathers to follow suit, if not the future will be ‘lost’.
Winners youth! Beware of new trend, how long has it last? Truth is truth, take it or leave it. Phil. 2:5.
The mind of Christ puts us at an advantage over others. 2 Tim. 1:7. When fear comes, remind them of what God says. Whatever we don’t put to use despite the advantage becomes unused and useless. Eccl. 10:18. “If you don’t mind your mind, the world will not mind you”
To keep our intellect active, we must be committed to the following activities:
1. Connect to your roots.
2. Reading. Dan. 9:2; 1 Tim. 4:13-16. “Elisha had a biological father but his spiritual father gave him a say in the land, connect to your spiritual roots!”
How to Maximize Reading:
1. Possess a Learner’s Attitude.
2. Have a Seeker’s Attitude. Matt. 7:8, Lk. 15:8-9.
3. Studying. “Reading is searching, studying is researching”. There is no problem without solution in the word of God, if you search once and do not find it, search for it again
4. Beware of Sin and Carnality. Gen. 49:3-9. Beware of Sin and Carnality as a lifestyle. Many people have lost Great Destinies to Sin.
But every standing between you and I, to get to our Excellent Heritage we Abort it right now!
Prophetic Declarations! Excellence would be your identity from henceforth! Till we meet again.
IYAC 2021……In Pursuit of Excellence!
JESUS IS LORD!