Ministering: Pst. David Oyedepo JNR (Resident Pastor, Faith Tabernacle Canaanland)
One of the demands for anyone that will arrive at Excellence is right Association. You cannot have wrong Association and arrive at the right destination. Your Association is a vital secret to determine your destination. Psalm. 1:1-3.
Who you walk with determines where you walk to. There are those to walk with and those to walk away from. “No matter how anointed, a wrong company can destroy a great destiny”. 2 Sam. 13:3.
- You are not Designed to be “Shame-fied” but to be Glorified!.
- You are not Designed to be Relegated but to be Relevant!.
- You are not Designed to be Ignored, but to Shine as a Light!.
- You are not Designed to be in Mediocrity but for Excellence!.
Right company can be an asset in destiny. Pro. 13:20. It is better to be alone than to be paired with the wrong person. Where you are going to determines who you walk with, sanitize your association.
Dynamics of Associations
Association can either be direct or by proxy. 1 Cor. 15:33
- Take heed of what you hear. We need to understand the Dynamics of Association as either direct or proxy, those you interact with physically or communicate with by any other means. We must hear selectively. Take heed of what you hear. Lk. 8:18. Ezk. 2:2. The cheapest way for transmission of spirits is words. Your ears are one of the gates in your life! The cheapest way for transmission of spirits is words. Don’t open your ears to everything, you must understand that your ear is a gate to your life. Rom. 10:17. The voice that you hear determines the life that you live. 2 Tim. 4:3. “We are in an emotional generation, people want to feel good and not hear truth”.
- Mind the books you read. 2 Pt. 2:1. You must be cautious in this day and age, not all things that sounds true is the truth…settle down and be a student of the Bible. Acts 20:29-32. 1Tim 4:1-5. Not everyone who authors a book deserves your attention, wrong knowledge can wreck a great destiny, understand selectiveness in your walk in faith.
- Guide our exposure to social media. Guide your exposure to social media; some of us are addicted without knowing. Not everyone who holds a microphone deserves your attention. “Some of you need to sell your smartphone because it is not making you smart”. Social media has its profit when used profitable but can be very damaging when used without guidance. Num 33:52, 55 & 56. We are living in a day and age where pictures whether still or motion are causing destruction, destroy it before it destroys you. Look at those you listen to, the books you read and look at the social media contacts you make, that is how to sanitize your association.
How to Identify Right Company.
- Look out for spiritual alignment. Phil. 3:17.
You say someone is your friend and talks down your God, your church, your commitment ? The company you keep must be the one that helps you maintain spiritual alignment. Like minds aligns,(Runners stays with Runners, jumpers stays with Jumpers, Believer should stay with Believer). Be decisive when it comes to your relationship. When you find people that are not spiritually aligned, disconnect from them, be decisive when it comes to your relationship, God commands you to love everybody but not to befriend everybody. Don’t expose yourself to temptation when trying to restore such that as gone out of the way . Gal. 6:1. Jude. 1:21-23
Every Captivity in your life, I see it breaking in the name of Jesus. AMEN!!!
- Seek people with similar values. Amos 3:3. 2 Cor. 12:18. Those you walk with must be walking like you. Don’t sit in the fire to save one from fire, pull him out and if he says he’s not going, leave him there, be conscious, and be careful.
- Locate people with proofs. Heb. 6:12. Locate people with proofs, particularly as you read books and listen to his messages, you have only one life to live so be cautious. If someone is going to speak to you, make sure he has proofs of whatever he is saying. Today with social media, check the results, what is the source of the result? Jer. 6:16. Men must have results but the results that they have must have explanations, ensure that you are followers of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
- Be Spiritually Sensitive. Gal. 5:25. Buy into the truth that has gotten them the proofs. Be spiritually sensitive, what profit have you had from the Association that you keep, some of us have gone down because of those we walk with. There are numbers you have to delete. There are some that are woods, yeah but they are soaked in water and can’t burn well, they can’t give you the heat that you need. Watch your company by spiritual sensitivity. Be sensitive in your Spirit. As a Commission we are blessed with a robust Spiritual Family Tree; have you digested all the resources that we have here, stop looking for what is not lost…. whatever brought our Father in the Faith Bishop David Oyedepo to the height that he is in cannot struggle to take you to where God wants to bring you.
The choice of your Association is yours, be decisive about making the right choice. The starting point for anyone that will have a profitable journey on Earth and Eternity is Salvation.
IYAC 2021….In Pursuit of Excellence.
JESUS IS LORD.