MESSAGE TITLE: COVENANT KEYS TO BREAKING GENERATIONAL CURSES
MINISTERING: BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO
We live in a kingdom that operates with keys. If you have the correct key, then access to a world of freedom is at your command. Curses are real but they are reversible when you become born again. Curses are often generational in nature with a lifespan of 3-4 generations; Exodus 20:3-5. Living a life that is not in Christ makes curses to have effect in your life.
Biblical Acid Tests for Salvation
1. Repentance brings about a time of refreshing into your life. Acts 3:19, Romans 24:17.
2. Repentance causes burdens to be lifted.
The only solution to the curses of the law is redemption. Escaping from the curse of the law is part of your redemptive package.Until you are saved, you are not safe.
Every recurring trend of evil in your life or lineage is an indication of a curse. When you become saved, the curse on your lineage no longer has a hold on you. Also, securing God’s blessings is the cure for the diabolical curses of the wicked; Numbers 23:8. Hence, new birth is a must for you to live a new life, make yourself right with God so that all the curses around your life can go back to where they came from. Satanic spells are real but God’s blessings upon your life remain irreversible as long as you live in the light of His Word; Numbers 23:20-21, 23:8.
Don’t invest troubles into the life of your unborn children by going after other gods.Running after other gods is a demonstration of your hatred for God.
Satan doesn’t understand begging; he only understands power; John 21:15. There is power in your tongue, therefore, open your mouth wide and speak boldly. Faith is not a risk; it is your covenant security; Ephesians 6:16.
To Secure Your Freedom from the Curses of the Wicked:
- Engage your faith to stop the curse by speaking against it; Mark 11:11-14, 20-23.
- Rise up to invoke the wrath of God against the sources of your affliction; Psalm 68:2, Isaiah 69:17.
- Invoke the Holy Ghost against the sources of your assailants; Psalm 7:11.
Kingdom advancement endeavours secure you from the curses of life and the law; Luke 10:19. Kingdom stewardship is your covenant insurance; don’t let it fail!
Avenues of Curses
- Curse of the law; Exodus 20:3-5, Colossians 2:14.
- Diabolical curse of the wicked;Numbers 23:8-24.
- Self-inflicted curses.
Sources of Self-inflicted Curses
- Serving other gods eg. The god of gold. The Cure: Serving God and Him alone.
- Unrighteousness; 1 Corinthians 10:13. The Cure: The fear of God; Isaiah11:6.
- Pride (self-worship); 2 Chronicles 26:14-16, Acts 12:22-23. The Cure: A meek spirit; Numbers 12:3.
- Stealing; Zechariah 5:3-4. The Cure: Become productive; Proverbs14:22.
- Defilement of one’s parent; Genesis 9:22-25, Proverbs 20:20. The Cure: Honour your parents; Ephesians 6:1-3
- Love of money; Matthew 27:1-5 (Achan, Judas, Gehazi). The Cure: Contentment.
- Hard-fistedness; Proverbs 11:24-25. The Cure: Crave for the giving grace; Luke 6:38.
- Unbelief. The Cure: Crave for the Spirit of Faith.
Pride is a destroyer; it brings you under self-inflicted curses. Beware of sin; it makes people stink. The meeker you are, the larger your blessings. You cannot scale any height without a genuinely meek spirit; Numbers 12:3.
Don’t toy with what destroys! Stealing does not befit royalty; you are royalty, so don’t steal.
If you don’t honor your parents, you will be cursed. Honoring your parents does not just mean giving them material things only, it is all about reverence. If you’re not a giver, you will suffer financial fever.
What you don’t believe places a limit on your life. You cannot overcome the battles of life without faith.
Your Access to the Curse-free Realm
If you are connected to this service and you want to be transformed from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light, you want to walk free from the curses of life and to be enlisted to live a life of freedom. Perhaps you have gone astray before and you want to re-dedicate your life back to Christ, say this prayer:
Lord Jesus, I come to You today, I am a sinner, I cannot help myself but I know You died for me, on the third day, You rose again, just to save me.
Jesus, come into my life and take control of me from this day forward. I will follow You, no turning back.
Thank You, Jesus, for saving me. Amen.