EYAC 2023 OPENING SESSION.
Theme: A Chosen Generation.
Ministering: Bishop David Oyedepo
Message: The Days of Vision guided by Revelation.
14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Every believer is a chosen brand in his/her generation.
Esther 4:14. For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Born for such a time as this – a peculiar people. 2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE END TIMES
– The end times are the golden days of the Church. Zech 4:2-6
6 For thus saith the Lord of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.
8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts.
– The end times are the reigning days of the Church. Ps 110:2-3, Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
– The end times are also the days of fulfillment of prophecies before the coming of Christ. Acts 3:20-21, Psalms 78:69 And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever.
– The last days are the days of great open doors for the redeemed. 1Cor 16:9 For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
NOTE : You can’t make yourself. Gen 12:1-2, John 15:5, Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.. If you don’t follow Christ, you can be made. Let God lead you.
God wants to unveil His agenda in this end times for you if you’re interested. Eccl 10:15, Psalm 119:105. His word guides us towards achieving His plan in our lives. Exo 13:17. There’s nothing wrong with your vision, it is your approach that is faulty. Jer 29:11, Proverbs 16:25, Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Visionaries will carry the day in these end times. Joel 2:1-8. Generational Pacesetters. Men of vision guided by revelation.
– When God leads you, He goes before you. Isaiah 45:2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
– When God sends, He works through you Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
– When God sends, He works for you.
NOTE : Never compare vision to your effort. Your plan is nothing compared to His plan. We are children of destiny. Romans 8:29. God has a glorious agenda for all His children. Ephesians 1:3-6 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Our salvation is a product of God’s predestination. ‘I AM IN GOD’S PREDESTINATION AGENDA. I’M A CHILD OF DESTINY ‘
WHAT IS VISION ?
– A discovery of God’s plan for your life. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
– Biblically, vision is the cure for frustration. Proverbs 29:18, Isaiah 48:21 And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out.
Anyone interested should begin to seek God’s agenda for their lives. This discovery guarantees rest. When Jesus is in your bones, you’re at rest.
Following God’s plan is the highway to our success in life. Deut 28:1-13
The Days of Vision Joel 2;28
- What vision does is to define the destination, While revelation determines the steps. .Exo 23:30, Exo 13:17, Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- Many people trade skills without direction 1 Sam 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. Romans 9:16, Joel 2:1-8, Eph 1:3 – 4.
- Our Salvation is a product of God’s Predestination Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.Pro 16:25, Pro 3:5-6.
- Being at the center of God’s plan is our access to the realm of rest.
- Biblically, Vision is the cure for Frustration Prov 29:18,Isaiah 48:21 And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out..
- Following God’s plan is the highway to high places in life Deut 28:1-13.
BEWARE OF MISTAKING THE FOLLOWING FOR VISION
1. The Vogue: Don’t mistake the vogue for God’s agenda for you. God deals with His people as individuals not as groups.
2. The trend of ‘I Must Get it by all means ‘
3. Comparison with others
1. No one knows the vision like the One who created it. Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
God knows the end from the beginning. He is the most dependable One to follow.
2. God will only back up His plan in our lives. Not any other plan; including yours. 1Thess 5:21, Jonah 1:3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.
Stay in God’s plan. It will always end in celebration.
BIBLICAL PROOFS OF A TRUE VISION (ACID TESTS)
1. Every true vision always allay fears Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
2. Every true vision drives the visionary. Hab 2:1-3, Galatians 1:15-16 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
3. Every true vision in-builds confidence (In God) Phil 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
4. Every true vision produces increasing results when pursued 1Kings 8:15 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, which spake with his mouth unto David my father, and hath with his hand fulfilled it, saying,
5. Every true vision comes with the required strength. Joel 2:1-3 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
6. Every true vision stirs joy & rejoicing within.
NOTE : Psalm 85:8 God’s agenda brings peace. You can’t have God’s backing and you’re apprehensive. His presence settles you.
GOOD NEWS! You’re in for the best of times. We are in the days of visions guided by revelations!
HOW TO ACCESS VISION
1. Crave access to divine plan. Go for it
2. Be spiritual – a carnal man cannot receive the things of the kingdom. 1 Cor 2:14, Revelation 1:10, Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
3. Possess a meek spirit. Psalms 25:9. God has no place for the proud. Matt 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Without access to the voice of God, you leave your life to chance.
“YOU ARE PRECIOUS IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, DON’T GIVE WAY TO CARELESS SPIRITUAL LIVING”.
Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Matthew 19:27-29 27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Mark 10:28-30 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.