Teaching Series: Unveiling the Reality of the Wisdom from Above (Part 2A)
Ministering: Bishop David O. Oyedepo
The wisdom from above is hidden and has to be discovered and when discovered, there is always a manifestation.
The deep things of God unravelled by the Holy Spirit are the gateways to the highways of life.
Without the ministry of the Holy Spirit, we will have limited access to the deep things of God.
The Holy Spirit is the messenger of the Covenant.
– Mal. 3:1; Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Divine wisdom comes by the interpretation of the Holy Spirit.
Access to divine secrets is an asset of inestimable value.
Divine secrets are the hidden Wisdom of God. Divine secrets are open secrets and can be gotten from those who has found it.
Nothing is a substitute for light in your conflict against darkness. Every Kingdom secret is an open secret.
It is not just access to divine secrets that makes wise but trading divine secrets.
What is Divine Wisdom?
1. Divine wisdom is the applied knowledge of the truth.
– Matt. 7:24-27; Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
2. Divine wisdom is having supernatural insight on issues of concern.
– Mark 12:13-17; And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.
14 And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?
15 Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.
16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar’s.
17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.
One striking insight can terminate all your struggles.
Covenant day of Favour Ministration.
– Wisdom is key to a world of favour.
– Pro. 13:15; Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.
– Favour answers to wisdom and understanding.
– Luke 2:40,52; And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
– Favour is a covenant story changer.
– Gen. 39:5; And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
– Favour is a manifestation of God’s love.
– Eccl. 9:11; I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
– Good understanding and wisdom are facilitators of divine favour.
– The day you turn your back on the things that please God is the day you turn your back on His favor.
– We don’t wait for favour, we provoke, entreat, and trigger it by serving God.
– Mal. 3:17; And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
– Favour is not free, favour is at a cost.
How to provoke Favour
1. Through the fear of God as a lifestyle.
– Gen 42:18, And Joseph said unto them the third day, This do, and live; for I fear God:
Psa 5:12, For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
Dan. 1:8; But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
Dan 6:4; Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.
2. Taking pleasure in the matters of the kingdom
– Ps. 102:13-15; Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.
14 For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.
15 So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
Mark 10:29; And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s,
3. Staying in love with God
– 1 Sam. 13:14, But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the LORD commanded thee.
1 Chr. 28:4, Howbeit the LORD God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel for ever: for he hath chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father; and among the sons of my father he liked me to make me king over all Israel:
Job 13:15; Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
Rom. 8:28; And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Ps. 30:4; Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
4. Walking in obedience.
– Deut. 28:1-2; And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
Ps. 112:1-2; Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.
No matter the attack on lovers of God, they always come out on top.
– Rom. 8:28; And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Every lover of Christ is entitled to God’s favour and His favour makes them stand out.