Message Title: Praise Facilitates Fulfillment of Prophecies (Part 1A)
Ministering: Bishop David O. Oyedepo
Isaiah 54:1-3; Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.
2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
High praises bring high favour from God. We jump levels by jumping before the Lord. Fearful praises provoke fearful blessings from God.
Praise is one of the vital channels of provoking showers of blessings at all times. God’s Word is prophetic and His agenda for all His children is in His Word, the Bible.
– 2 Pet. 1:19; We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
The purest form of prophecy is contained in the Scriptures. If you do not know how to see prophecies fulfilled, christianity will be an adventure of frustration.
– Isa. 34:16; Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
Prophetic Lifelines in Scriptures
1. As a child of God, you have a glorious destiny in Christ.
– Rom. 8:29-30; For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
2. You have a royal destiny in Christ.
– Rev. 5:9-10; And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
3. You have an enviable destiny in Christ.
– Gen. 26:12-13; Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
4. You are redeemed to command dominion.
– Gen. 1:26; And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Characteristics of Prophetic Words
1. Every prophetic word received and believed ignites hope.
– Rom. 4:18-20; Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara’s womb:
20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
2. Prophetic words stimulate joy.
– 1 Pet. 1:8; Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
To experience God’s turnaround plan:
1. Be born again.
– 2 Cor. 5:17; Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2. Make serving God your priority for living.
– 2 Chr. 15:12-15; And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;
13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
14 And they sware unto the LORD with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets.
15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest round about.
3. Keep loving God and continue to prove that you do.
– Rom. 8:28, And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
John 21:16-17; He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
You are not redeemed to live under circumstances but above circumstances.
– Eph. 1:21; Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Those that do not believe in priestly blessings are missing out on spiritual blessings.