Teaching Series: Walking in Dominion Over Sicknesses and Diseases (Pt. 3A)
Ministering: Bishop David O. Oyedepo
Sickness and death are enemies of any child of God.
-Ps. 110:2-3 “The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
Do not permit any agent of the devil to despise the weapons of your warfare
It is never late to be right; the day you turn, God’s wrath turns away from you.
The ministry of the Holy Ghost is to destroy every hold of the spirit of heaviness.
The spirit of heaviness is behind depression and sucidal thoughts.
The cure for heaviness is the oil of joy which the Holy Ghost offers
A broken spirit will end up breaking your body.
Foul spirits behind Sicknesses and Diseases
1. The spirit of whoredom – sexual perversion.
– Hos. 5:4 “They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.”
1 Cor. 6:18-20 “Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
2. The spirit of heaviness.
– Isa. 61:3 “To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.”
What is a mystery?
1. A mystery is a hidden kingdom treasure that is accessible only by the redeemed.
– Mark 4:11 “And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:”
2. It is a divine secret embedded in the pages of scriptures.
– Isa. 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.”
– Eph. 3:8-11 ” Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: “
How the Anointing Empowers for Dominion over sickness and disease
The mystery of the anointing oil was unveiled in the old testament. It is ordained for all generations of God’s people.
– Ex. 30:31 “And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, This shall be an holy anointing oil unto me throughout your generations.”
The anointing oil is a spiritual medium through which the Holy Spirit manifests Himself in a believer life.
– 1 Sam. 16:11-17 “And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.
13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
15 And Saul’s servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
16 Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.
17 And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me.”
God silences the enemy of your soul through the anointing.
– Isa. 49:24-26 “Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.”
What is in the Anointing Oil that heals and makes whole?
1. The healing power of God.
– Mark 6:7,13 “And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.”
– James 5:14-15 “Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”
2. The anointing that destroys all satanic yokes.
– Isa. 10:27 “And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.”
– Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,”
3. The anointing exempts believers from all evils of the day.
– Ps. 105: 13-15 “When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
14 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.”
– Eph. 1:13 “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”
4. The restoration power of God.
– Jer. 30:17 “For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.”
– Joel 2:23-25 “Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.”
5. The resurrection power of God that brings back to life all dead organs in our bodies.
– Rom. 8:11 “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”
– Eph. 4:4-5 “There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,”
6. The Spirit of joy and gladness.
– Ps. 45:6-7 “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.”
The mystery of the fan and the fire.
Mat. 3:11-12; I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
Breaking Generational Curses Ministration
– Curses are real and they are generational in nature with a lifespan of three to four generations (300-400 years)
Genesis 15:13-16; And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
Curses are direct acts of the devil
Eph. 6:16; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
– While curses are real, they are reversible when one is born again.
Gal. 3:13 “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:”
– At new birth, all curses including the curse of the law are reverted.
Col. 2:14; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
– Kingdom stewardship is a strong way to activate God’s blessings that terminates curses.
Exo. 23:25-26; And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
– Job 36:11 “If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasues.”
Ps. 107:20; He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.