Teaching Series: Understanding the Blessedness of a Revival (Pt. 4A)
Ministering: Bishop David O. Oyedepo
Spiritual understanding of issues is the master key to triumphant living.
Proverbs 21:16; The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
What is a Revival?
- It is a spiritual platform for the supernatural restoration of our redemptive rights.
Joel 2:25-26; And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
2. It is a season of express answers to prayers.
– John 15:16; Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
3. It is a season of divine favour.
– Ps. 102:13-15; Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.
14 For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.
15 So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
Fifty years of labour will never be equal to one day of favour
4. It is a move of the Spirit amongst God’s people of all age groups culminating in supernatural turnaround.
Acts. 12:13-16; And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda.
14 And when she knew Peter’s voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
15 And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.
16 But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.
5. Everlasting mountains resisting the blessings of God’s people are scattered in a revival.
Hab. 3:2-6; O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.
3 God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.
4 And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.
5 Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at his feet.
6 He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations; and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow: his ways are everlasting.
6. Revival provokes a new order of giving life which launches believers into realms of financial fortune.
Luke. 16:11; If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
Prov. 10:22; The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
1 Tim. 6:10; For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
What is in a Revival?
1. The flow of signs and wonders.
– Acts 2:17; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
2. The unleashing of financial fortune.
– Luke 16:11; If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
3. Divine health and longevity.
– Ex. 23:25-26; And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
How Do I Know if I Am in a Revival?:
1. When praying kingdom advancement prayers becomes a delight.
– Matt. 6:9-10; After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
2. When one is committed with undying passion, to see souls saved.
– Matt. 1:21, And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Rom. 1:16; For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
When God’s kingdom occupies the first place in your prayer life, you are in a revival.
God’s foremost mission on the earth is to see souls saved.
A revival is an addiction to following God and His Word.
You cannot be anything by your effort; you can only be what the grace of God makes you to be.
There is always a realm of mockery before the realm of glory.
– Heb. 12:2; Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
The moment you start counting on your skills, you’ve lost the future. Count on His grace.
Covenant Day of Long Life Ministration
Psa. 89:34, My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Jer. 33:20-21; Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
– What happens to you, happens based on your stand on the Word.
– Being in love with God gets you satisfied with long life.
– Isa. 41:8; But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.
James 2:23; And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
– Every true lover of God ends up as a beneficiary of the covenant of longevity.
– The devil has no power to terminate your life because Jesus has the key of hell and of death in His hands.
– Rev. 1:18; And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
– Joy is a covenant therapy for sound health.
– Pro. 17:22; A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
– Joy and rejoicing maintains increasing strength in our systems.
– Every genuine soul winner is ever joyful.
– Maintain a life of joy and rejoicing for increasing strength which elongates your days.
– Whenever you are challenged or confronted by the spirit of death, take up the shield of faith; declare it boldly and God will confirm it openly.
– Everytime you identify a covenant, find the terms of the covenant and keep engaging with them.
Demands of the Covenant of Longevity
1. Be born again
– Gal. 3:29; And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
2. Stay in love with God.
– Matt. 22:37-40; Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
3. Remain committed to serving God and the interests of His kingdom as a lifestyle.
4. Stay free from the fear of death.
– Heb. 2:14-15; Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
5. Be committed to a life of joy and rejoicing.
– Neh. 8:10; Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
6. Take up the shield of faith, and you shall quench all the challenges of the devil.
Access/channels to Joy
– Ps. 51:12; Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
2. Baptism of the Holy Ghost
3. Feeding on the Word.
– Jer. 15:16; Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.
4. commitment to serving God stimulates joy.
Luke 10:1,17; After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
15:7; I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Every revelation truly receives enters your spirit.
Acts. 20:32; And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.