Teaching Series: Understanding the Blessedness of a Revival (Pt. 3A)
Ministering: Bishop David O. Oyedepo
The dominion of light over darkness is instant and unquestionable. Every light received and retained empowers the believer for dominion over the powers of darkness. You cannot retain the revelation of light and be assaulted by death. It is the absence of light that gives power to darkness.
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Nothing gives you command over the powers of darkness like light. Don’t make your problems special, rather deal with your ignorance. There is light in the word that creates life.
1 Cor. 15:41; There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
Ps. 119:130; The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
What is a Revival?
- A revival is a spiritual awakening that stirs the hearts of men to go after God at all cost.
Haggai 1:14; And the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the LORD of hosts, their God,
- A revival is the stirring of the spirits of men to keep engaging in kingdom Advancement endeavours with delight.
- A revival moves men to walk in the fear of God where to please God becomes the lifestyle of any man.
- A revival is a move of the Spirit ordained to terminate all frustrations and afflictions of the people.
Zeph. 3:17-20; The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
18 I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
20 At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.
- A revival is a season where God undo all stagnation.
- A revival is a season where God has ordained to change the story of everyone who cares to engage.
- Revival is set to occur when the word of God continues to come alive in the hearts of men.
Jere 15:16; Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.
Jere. 31:34; And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Acts 6:7; And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
There is always an eruption of the word in a revival.
- Revival is when going to church becomes a way of life.
Ps. 122:1; …I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
Ps. 84:10; For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Ps. 132:13; For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
Jn. 17:17; Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Eph. 5:27; That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
In a revival, financial giants rise because of their commitment to kingdom Advancement endeavours. God is committed to keeping fit those that are working in His Vineyard.
Blessings that accompany a Revival
1. Financial breakthroughs.
– Hag. 2:6; For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
Zech. 1:17; Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
2. Health and vitality.
– John 15:2, Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Luke 10:2, Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Ex. 23:25-26; And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
Everyone on the go for Jesus is empowered to command the supernatural.
KEYS TO CRUSHING INVISIBLE BARRIERS
– Invisible barriers are real.
– Matt. 13:27-28; So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
– You have the redemptive right to clear off every barrier on your path.
1. Be born again and remain so.
– Col. 1:13; Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
– If you are going to crush invisible barriers, it begins with salvation.
– Heb. 2:3; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
2. Keep walking in the light of God’s Word.
– It is the light you walk in that determines the liberty and dominion you exercise.
3. Keep walking by faith.
– 2 Cor. 5:7; (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
1 John 5:4; For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
– There is nothing hell can bring up that faith cannot subdue; that is why your faith is vital.
4. Keep serving God and the interests of His kingdom.
– 2 Chr. 15:3-7,12; Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.
4 But when they in their trouble did turn unto the LORD God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.
5 And in those times there was no peace to him that went out, nor to him that came in, but great vexations were upon all the inhabitants of the countries.
6 And nation was destroyed of nation, and city of city: for God did vex them with all adversity.
7 Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.
12 And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;
5. Keep following God’s leading.
– Isa. 48:17; Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
– God is there to guide and lead us; our minds are too small to lead us in the right direction.
6. Keep speaking boldly against all forms of barriers on your path.
– Ps. 81:10, I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
Luke 21:15; For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
– Signs follow sound; if you don’t sound out what you desire, you will not see it come in your direction.
– Mark 11:23; For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
7. Engage a lifestyle of praise.
– Ps. 114:1-7; When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language;
2 Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion.
3 The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back.
4 The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.
5 What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?
6 Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?
7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;
– God’s presence is secured through praise and when His presence comes, barriers are lifted.
Isaiah 10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
Jere. 23:29; Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Mat. 3:11-12; I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.