Teaching Series: Unveiling our Breakthrough Heritage in the Word Part 1.
Ministering: Bishop David Oyedepo
- God’s Word is the mirror of life that paints the picture of the believer in God’s view. – James 1:24
For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
- Your inheritance in the Word is accessible only by revelation. – 1 Pet. 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
- The Bible carries all of your inheritance in redemption. – Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
- Every child of God is redeemed as a breakthrough personality.
- Revelation is the key of the kingdom of Heaven that gives us access to our inheritance in Christ.
- You can only access and take delivery as far as your eyes can see. – Gal. 13:15
- Your inheritance cannot be believable without it proceeding from the Word.
- We are redeemed to command dominion and not to struggle.
- Redemption is equal to man’s dominion on the earth.
Our Heritage of Breakthrough
1. By redemption, we share divinity with Christ which shows our dominion on the earth. – Eph. 1:20-21
2. We are born again as supernatural beings. – John 3:8
3. Redemption makes us a peculiar people. – 1 Pet 2:9
4. We are redeemed to be prosperous and not to be paupers. – Ps. 66:12
How to Access the Breakthrough Heritage
1. Be born again – Mark 4:11
2. Be spiritual – 1 Cor. 2:14, Gal. 3:13-14
– God’s agenda is to bring the redeemed under the generational order of Abrahamic blessings.
– God loves to have our families blessed. – Gen. 1:27-28
– God wants us and our household saved. – Acts 16:31, 1 John 5:4
– We should demand for the salvation of our household, for that is the will of God.
– To secure the rescue of your family, recognise that every child of God has been redeemed from the curses of the law and brought under the blessings of Abraham.
– Your obedience as an individual is a gateway for all round blessings for your family. – Ps. 112:1-3
– Your strong stand in God covers the generations after you. – Ps. 112:3
– One way to keep that lineage of blessing going is to enter into a covenant to serve God. – 2 Chr. 15:16
– A covenant to serve God is the end of all crisis
– When you walk in the covenant to serve God, darkness stays off your path.
– Walking in the light shows the weakness of darkness; when you are standing right, you are in the light.
– Wherever God is, everything works.
– It is not enough to enter into that covenant but we must abide there with utmost delight trusting God for help.